B&O Tax CREDIT PROGRAM
B&O Tax Credit Program
Direct your tax dollars back into your community
Main Street Tax Credits are a way of ensuring your tax dollars are invested in your downtown community.
Make a pledge of as little as $1,000 beginning January 11, 2022 to Sumner Main Street Association, pay the pledge to SMSA by November 15th and 75% of your pledge will be deducted from your Washington Business and Occupation tax obligation.
For example: A pledge of $1000 equals a tax credit of $750 that will be applied to your 2023 B & O tax obligation.
Because Sumner Main Street Association is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organizations, other tax incentives may apply. Check with your accountant for further details.
Questions? please call the SMSA office at (253) 891-4260 or email us.
All funds raised go to directly to help aid us in our mission to stimulate economic growth and revitalization, enhance beautification, nurture historic preservation and ensure the vitality of downtown Sumner.
Ready To Make Your Pledge?
Follow These Simple Steps To Enroll:
Visit the WA Department of Revenue website and follow these step by step instructions to make a pledge:
Step by step instructions:
- Go to: https://secure.dor.wa.gov/home
- Log in
- Click on “Get Started” link
- Click on your Excise Tax account
- Scroll down to the last option: “More Excise Tax Options”
- Click on “Manage/Apply for Tax Credit” under CREDITS
- Click on “Add Main Street Application”
- Find Sumner Main Street Association and enter the Contribution Amount; click next
- Fill out Authorization Information and click Submit.
Before November 15th, 2022 make a donation to SMSA by sending a check to:
Sumner Main Street Association
923 Kincaid Ave
Sumner, WA 98390
In 2023, when you go to pay your B&O online, you will be given the amount of your credit in a drop-down menu and asked how much you would like to apply. It’s really that simple!